Sunday, January 31, 2010

Speak To Your Storm

This morning I woke with that ball of nervousness, stress, fear, dread, worry, concern... ok you get the point.  I basically had a lot of things going on in my mind and was having some trouble just leaving them in the care of the ONE who can take care of them.  Anybody have that problem???  Well, today was one of those days.  I had hope though... today was also SUNDAY.  Thank you Jesus!  I needed a fill-up and a huge dose of encouragement today. 

So I got dressed, made my coffee, jumped in my car and turned on my favorite CD of Selah.  I sang the songs as I raced down the freeway towards my daughters house.  The sun was shining, the air was clear and crisp... As Selah started singing "I Surrender All", I had tears running down my face, and I knew that somehow everything was going to turn out ok. 

Church was more than just church today.  It was an experience... from the moment I walked into the sanctuary and got my little family situated on the pew (daughter and two of the cutest grandbabies you've ever seen), to the moment I sat down at the keyboard to play with the rest of the music team, I just knew it was going to be great day. 

Worship service was upbeat, uplifting, and all upwards!  When my pastor stepped up to speak, he was so full of life and spark and inspiration.  I couldn't help but get on the same train.  We were headed for good things.  My heart soared as I listened to the Word be preached in honesty and sincerity; with enthusiasm and inspiration.  It was one of those sermons that you just long to be wrapped up in the arms of the Lord.  It was just a big hug from Him to me.  Others may have seen it as something different, and that's ok, but for me, it was a voice saying, "I love you Pam; you are my daughter; I'm watching over you and I will never leave you nor forsake you.  Please don't worry about all those "things", just leave them to me, and I will take care of them.  You just trust me."

As I walked out of service, and into the warm sunlight I heard someone say that my grandson had fallen and hurt himself.  Wow!  Is that a way to have ice water thrown on your sweet reverie?  I ran into the bathroom to find that my sweet little 2 yr old grandson had a hard and harsh connection with the concrete, and busted his lip, and tooth.  We prayed, and some of the bleeding stopped, but he was pretty shook up.  We hurried the kids into the car and headed back to their house where my son-in-law quickly took care of him with gentle care and knowledge of a soon to be paramedic!  We missed our Sunday tradition of Mexican Food, but I ran down to Pei Wei's and picked up Chinese instead.  I enjoyed an lazy afternoon with my favorite people, then headed back to evening service.  I couldn't imagine it being another great service like this morning, but I knew it was going to be good.  I was wrong again... it was amazing. 

Speak to your storm, was just one of the many little tidbits I came away with.  I have many storms that I'm going through, as many others do too right now; but as a child of God, I can speak to those storms, and they will be calmed.  God wants me to step up, and not be afraid to speak.  Encourage myself; say amen to the Word, even if I'm not living it like I should.  The Word is still true!  Its a great day to be in the fight, because if satan is fighting and chasing you, then that means he doesn't have you.  Amen.  Those are just a few of the good morsels I gleaned tonight. 

I want passion, not just a position!  Saul had a position, but David had passion. 

As I got in my car to head home tonight, I put my CD of Selah in again, and could sing with them as they belted out "Leaning on the Everlasting Arms" and "There is Power In The Blood".  I felt a little lighter tonight, and even though the issues are still their, I know that God is in control, and I have the courage to speak to the storms in my life, and He has the power to calm them.

No comments:

Post a Comment