Monday, February 15, 2010

Some Awesome Quotes

I've always been a person who carries pen and journal with me at all times.  I love jotting down stuff.  Quotes, thoughts, songs, ideas, things-to-do-lists, things-I-dream-of-doing lists, and just doodling!  Over the years, I've collected quite a few journals, notebooks, shorthand pads, and sticky-notes. 

So tonight, I thought I'd share a few quotes that I've collected.  If I don't put the persons name, please forgive me.  You can rest assured, most of these are not mine... if they are, I'll let you know.   This particular notebook I pulled out was from several years ago.  Enjoy.

God never promised us a life free of pain.  He was their all the time.  He didn't hide.  He wanted me to find His presence!

The Lord never promised to protect us from all hurt, but He did promise to be by our side during every bit of it.

How do you expect to recognize God during times of crises if you haven't been taking notice of Him when things are going well?

There's something about resurrections that requires crosses. (Robert Sloan)

God's will is not always easiest, but its always the best.

God loves His children, and hates what destroys them.

Love is always angry at evil.

If the majority opinion determines good and evil, what happens when the majority is wrong?

If God is dead, then everything is justifiable. (Dostoevsky)

Claiming themselves to be wise without God, they became utter fools instead. (The Bible)

You'll never find what you need if you don't look in the right place.

With God in your world, you aren't an accident or an incident; you are a gift to the world, a divine work of art, signed by God.

(Thank you Max Lucado for most of these)...

No comments:

Post a Comment