Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tuesday - My favorite day of the week...

Tuesdays...I love them.  God said it was good twice on Tuesday, so it's got to be pretty special.  I've heard that Jewish people love Tuesday's too.  They would like to be born on Tuesday, married on Tuesday and die on Tuesday.  Well, I'm not Jewish, but I am a Christian, and I have to agree.  Tuesday is pretty special.  Any day that's blessed twice by God is up their on my list of good things. 


Today was a good day.  I woke up feeling good; the sun was shining; the air was clear and brisk; I had a song in my heart and the Lord was the first thought in my head!  I thanked Him for a good nights rest; a good bed to sleep in; clothes in my closet and shoes for my feet.  When I went into the bathroom I had hot and cold running water; soap to wash my face and toothpaste to brush my teeth with.  My towels were clean and soft.  I had a choice to either take a shower or a bath.  I opened my closet and had lots to choose from.  Skirts, dresses, sweaters, shoes or boots?  When I made my bed I had clean 300 count sheets, and nice pillows, a down comforter and a soft blanket.  As I walked into my kitchen I had water boiling for my cup of coffee with cream and sugar.  I had a toaster to toast my cinnamon raisin bread, and a nice mug to hold my coffee.  I reached in my cupboard and pulled out my vitamins and filled a glass with clean water that wasn't cloudy with dirt. I had lights and music; heat and carpet under my feet.  As I put my scarf around my neck and grabbed my bag and keys, I took a look around, I realized that I don't have a lot of things, and what I do have is rather average and necessities; however, there are so many out in this world who have so much less, and even nothing.  They went to sleep last night hungry, cold, without a bed or a pillow to lay their head on.  They didn't have a towel to dry their face or a cup of water that was clear to drink from.  They may have worn the same clothes all week, and had to wash their socks anyplace they could find running water.  They may have been shivering cold last night somewhere without protection over their heads.  As I walked to my car, I realized how blessed I am, and how I should never forget that in the blink of an eye all that I have could be gone.  As I was driving to work, I heard a beautiful song called "What Faith Can Do".  I believe that song was just for me, right at that moment.  "I've seen dreams that move the mountains; hope that doesn't ever end..."  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7elxC8LXfzE


I know this is a temporal, and I am aware that I don't put my trust in "things", but I do appreciate the conveniences and the help that it brings to my life.  I am grateful.  I never want to take even the temporal things that I have been given, for granted.  I want to be a good steward of what I have been alloted.  I want to give more to others, and be more aware of others needs more than my own.  I may not have much, but compared to the one who has nothing... I'm rich.  I desire to share in whatever way I can.  My complaining must stop, and I must always realize that life can change in a moments time.  One disaster like Haiti, and how would I respond?  Would I have the strength to go through something like that?  Losing everything and having to start all over?  My trust is in the Lord; my hope is in Him.  He is my provider and my sustenance... Without Him, I am nothing; but with Him, I am a rich woman!  


I'm attaching the link to the group Kutless with their song "What Faith Can Do" so you can be blessed like I was.  Yes, today was a good day.  Tuesday's - twice blessed;  and twice reminded of His goodness to me today.   

No comments:

Post a Comment