Saturday, February 13, 2010

"The Way You Look Tonight"

Since tomorrow is Valentines Day, I thought I would just list one of my favorite love songs.  I will not be going out tomorrow to celebrate, as I have no sweetheart to take me to a quiet,  intimate dinner, and no one who will smile at me and hold my hand.  As a widow who just passed the 2nd anniversary of her hubby's passing, surprisingly Valentines Day is not a difficult day for me... You see, I was married to a good man, but one who was not very romantic-minded.  That didn't stop me from being a "hopeless-romantic".  I always appreciated a good love song filled with sentimentality and longing.  "The Way You Look Tonight" sung by Tony Bennett happens to be just one of my favorites.  Click on the link and hear him sing with a collage of pictures of our service men and women coming home to see their sweethearts and children.    

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc3sFQ5RvKw


Some day, when I'm awfully low,
When the world is cold,
I will feel a glow just thinking of you...
And the way you look tonight.
Yes you're lovely, with your smile so warm
And your cheeks so soft,
There is nothing for me but to love you,
And the way you look tonight.
With each word your tenderness grows,
Tearing my fear apart...
And that laugh that wrinkles your nose,
It touches my foolish heart.
Lovely ... Never, ever change.
Keep that breathless charm.
Won't you please arrange it ?
'Cause I love you ... Just the way you look tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment