Sunday, March 14, 2010

Human Weakness

What a wonderful weekend I have just experienced.  It was our church's 17th anniversary, and enjoyed the ministry of someone I had never heard before.  What a wonderful gift to be able to break things down into simplicity, and grasp something that you can apply right where you are in the journey.  It was so inspired; down-to-earth teaching.  Filled with the love, correction, humor, and compassion that can just reach right out and make you feel like you're sitting across the table in a warm kitchen just talking.  I don't mean that in a disrespectful way, but its the only way I can explain it.  It was so obvious that this man had a real relationship with the One he was talking about, and it wasn't out of what he just got out of a book.  It was from years of ups and downs and searchings and struggles; experiences that God had brought him through; fire and flood, yet that everlasting trust that God will never leave him nor forsake him.  As you can see, I was pretty impressed.  Not with the man as a man, but as a man who was able to surrender himself to the leading of the Lord, and able to speak to the hearts of the people.  He spoke on human weakness.  I will never look at my human weakness the same way (or anyone elses for that matter).  Rather than being so down on my weaknesses, I now see that its through my weakness, that Christ is able to come and fill me with Himself and He is made strong.  When I'm strong, He can't use me for His purpose.  I walked out of that service last night saying "Lord, I want You to see the real me.  What do You see that I am Lord?  Who am I to You Lord?"  I don't want to be anything of myself, but only a vessel that Jesus can express Himself through.  The night before that, the service was on Humility!  Wow.  This morning it was on Happiness/Rejoicing.  Paul said to rejoice in our infirmities!  Have I ever done that?  I had to stop and pause and ask myself that question.  So I guess what I'm trying to say is that this weekend, the ministry just touched me and gave me an opportunity to want to be more like Jesus, and to focus my attention on Him and not on me.  I have much to ponder!  The music and worship was wonderful, and stirred my soul.  I had a chance (which I haven't had in a long time), to sit in the congregation and worship/clap my hands/raise my arms to the Lord and just let go and let God.  Normally I'm worshipping while playing the organ, but Saturday night, I was blessed by getting to participate in another way.  The Lord knows just what we need.  I spent all weekend visiting with my grandchildren and daughter.  What a lovely time we had (we always do).  What precious grandbabies I have!  My 2 1/2 yr old grandson and I went to lunch after church this afternoon.  Yes, you heard that right.  Just the two of us.  Mexican food, and laughter.  It was perfect, and he was so well behaved.  I was very proud!  A couple other things that happened this weekend:  I ran into a pole while walking my granddaughter in her stroller (don't ask)...  I paid bills; I purchased 2 sweaters at a 2nd hand store, one of which didn't fit (which I didn't find out until I got home... silly me); I babysat my two g'babies together for the first time in a long time!  It went very well.  I used 1/2 tank of gas this weekend... and I ran into the wall this afternoon and have a knot on my forehead!  Lovely... I don't know what's wrong with me ??  I did my homework; tidied up the house; and enjoyed a new purse that I bought!  (I like purses- alot).  So tomorrow its back to work.  Thank you Lord for a good job and a way to pay these earthly things called "bills".  Looking forward to what God has planned for this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment