Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Birthday April 20th

Today was my 51st birthday (well technically yesterday since its after midnight).  The day started out clear and sunny with a slight breeze.  I woke up around 8am and thanked the Lord for another day, and a chance to start a clean slate for the new and upcoming year.  I met my children, son-in-law and grandchildren at a lovely little restaurant in Scottsdale, called Arcadia Farms for a delicious breakfast served in a charming atmosphere.  The food was very good, but the fun and laughter and love celebrated between all of us was even better.  After a leisurely breakfast, we headed over to my mom's for red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting, vanilla ice cream and coffee and tea on the patio.  Once again, the food was good, the ambiance lovely, but the fellowship was the sweetest part.  Presents were opened, and I was excited to find a red KitchenAide Mixer!  Wow, I've always wanted one. Now I can't wait to make my grandmothers homemade cinnamon rolls.  I came home and relaxed for a few hours and checked my emails.  So many birthday wishes and kind words from all my friends on line brought a smile to my face.  I had the special priveledge of going to dinner with one of my closest friends this evening.  We went to a place called Luxe Cafe and had a terrific time.  The food the fellowship and the desserts were heavenly!  I was so stuffed by the time I walked out, I thought I'd be sick.  We drove home and just sat in the parking lot in the car for the next 3 hours talking and catching up.  I couldn't have asked for a better way to end my birthday than this.  
I have so many things to be thankful for this past year.  Salvation, redeeming love, mercy, grace, and the love of friends and family, good health, a roof over my head, food in my frig, a car to drive, air conditioning and heating, clothes to wear, grandchildren that love me and are healthy and happy, my son and daughter who still think I'm pretty special, and special friends on the other side of the United States that I miss terribly but know they love me and care about me; a wonderful church with balanced teaching, wonderful praise and worship and truth.  So many things to be thankful for... yes there are a few things I am hoping for and wishing for, but I'm not worrying about them.  No sense doing that when the God of all creation has my life in the palm of His hand and is watching over my comings and goings.  He knows my name and knows what is best for me.  


Thank you Lord for another day to be able to love you and thank you for being in charge!  Help me to see others the way You see them.  Help me to trust You and not worry.  Help me to have confidence that You have a perfect and beautiful plan for my life, and haven't forgotten about me.  Help me to live my life for others; for then I am looking heaven in the face.



No comments:

Post a Comment