Saturday, November 13, 2010

November News

It's been a long time since I've posted anything on my blog, and for anyone that follows, I'm so terribly sorry.  Life has just taken over, if you know what I mean.  Since I'm getting ready to walk out the door for work on this beautiful Fall morning, (sigh), I will do a quick little update.  Life is good, and that is primarily because God is the center of my life, and without Him, life would not be good.  I am still working, (wondering how many more years until I can retire); I am enjoying my grandchildren.  Yuri turned 3 in October.  Sophia will be 1 in December... and our newest addition, Madison Raine Torres, will be born on January 12, 2011.  Yes, Zachary and Marcy are expecting their first, and we are so very excited.  Yuri had a wonderful birthday party.  Its amazing how the party at 2 years old is so much different from the party at 3 years old.  Much easier, smoother, quieter and just lots of fun.  Yuri got his first real haircut from a real-life barber.  He no longer has all his beautiful curls.. sniff sniff.  He looks like a big-boy and it makes me a little sad.  The barber said his curls will come back!  Now that he is 3 years old, he started Sunday School for the first time this past Sunday.  Zoe cried when she dropped him off.  I've attached a picture of him sitting in his class!

Sophia has taken her first 3 steps, and has 2 of the cutest teeth!  I'm pretty certain she'll be walking by her birthday December 14th.  Zoe and Jason are diligently working on their house; always trying to improve and make it better.  It is an old historic home, and needed a lot of tender loving care when they bought it.  Its a work-in-progress, kind of like all of our lives.  They are wonderful parents, and are going through the same things that all parents go through.  Each day is an adventure and sometimes a challenge, but always at the end of the day they realize what a joy having a happy, healthy and hilarious little family is!

I am forever blessed by my children, their spouses, and the precious little grandchildren God has given them and me to love and be an example to.  What a responsibility we all have.  I'm happy to say, God is watching over all of us.  Good health, happy homes, loving hearts... what more can I ask for?

Zachary finished the classroom portion of his Culinary Training at ACI, and now is into the internship part.  400 hours of hands on working has to be completed in the next 3 months.  It's stressful, but he's loving it.  Many new changes for Zach this year.  A sweet wife, a new baby on the way, and going to school and working!  The poor guy doesn't get much rest.  I pray daily that God will continue to give him the strength he needs to accomplish his goals and desires.  He is going to make an awesome daddy!  Maddie will never be without great cooked meals, that's for certain, since her daddy is a chef!

I am still plugging away at my schooling.  One class at a time.  I have 16 more to do and I will have completed my Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration Management.  It's been a very long journey, and I'm very excited to get done!  That degree is going on my wall, and every time I walk by, I will smile!  My writing class has taken a little bit of a set back.  I have until the 29th of this month to finish a story, and I'm stuck.  Pray that the floodgates of inspiration will open up soon.

Well, for now, I have caught you up on the major things.  I'm sure I've forgotten something, but I will try to post more frequently, so they will not be so long.  All is well when God is leading the adventure.

One day at a time...

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment