Friday, April 22, 2011

My 52nd Birthday was Yesterday


Well, its the day after! I still feel the same; no change. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, but I'm happy to be alive; healthy; happy; content with what the Lord has done for me, and looking forward to what He has planned for my future. Every year I get older, I pray I grow wiser, more patient, less short-sighted and more of the ability to see others the way Jesus sees people. I want to laugh more, cry more, feel more empathy for others, listen better, speak less, be more flexible, realize that today is all we are guaranteed, and it would do me well to live each day as if it were my last, but plan as though I'll be here on Earth another 50 years. Life is short, friends get fewer, and you really don't have any idea how your life can change in one heartbeat; so be prepared to be surprised. God likes to surprise us, and see how we'll react. I have dreams and goals still that I haven't attained yet. If I do accomplish them, well that's fine and dandy...however, if I don't, it won't be the end of the world. I love the Lord, my children and my grandchildren. If the Lord has true love in my future, that would be delightful...if He doesn't, He'll have something better for me. If I don't ever get to buy my own home while here on Earth, that's ok; I'll have my own mansion in Heaven. Don't get me wrong, I'd love having a home with a yard and a place for my family to come to and eat and play and have a great time. My family is growing, and my little apartment seems to be getting smaller. Otherwise, I'd be perfectly content. The stairs hurt my knees pretty much all the time, but I could get another apartment on the first floor, if necessary. I've left it all in His hands, and I'm trusting in that. I want to stay healthy so I can keep up with my 5 grandchildren! They are my earthly joys, and for as long as I'm here (which I pray is until the rapture), I'd like to be full of energy and good health for them. At 52, I have no complaints; few worries; and only a couple pains (body aches and pains that is)...but I'm working on those through prayer and healthier living.

Zach and Marcy, Zoe and Jason, Hunter, Montana, Yuri, Sophia and baby Madison are all that is truly important to me on this temporary place called Earth. They mean everything to me, and bring me more joy than I can ever imagine. I love each of them dearly and totally. They are each one unique and special and I love them equally, but not the same.

I pray that this 52nd year of my life will bring about wonderful and exciting changes in my life, for the better. I want to draw closer to the Lord, work on singing and playing the keyboard, save money and be more frugal and a good steward of not only money, but my time.

Life is good, but I'm looking forward to a better one!

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment