Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Special Sunday






I was so blessed today. I had a total of 5 members of my family sitting with me on the church pew this morning! Yep, you heard it right. Including me, made 6 total. I was only missing my son Zach and his fiance Marcy, my soon-to-be grandson Hunter, and my son-in-law Jason. What a joy it was. Zoe and Yuri and Sophia are always their with me, which never ceases to fill me with joy; however, today I had the privledge of having Madison and Montana with me too. They spent the weekend with me, and we had such a good time. Of course, at 51 years of age, I was pretty tired, but we did very well all things considered. A 3 month old and a 9 year old have very different needs. But they both have needs! One has to have their diapers changed, bottles warmed, and rocked to sleep; the other needs things like, her hair curled, her hair brushed, shoe shopping (Lord help me), watched while climbing a tree in her flip-flops! Yikes... Wants to watch TV (which I do not have in my house); and asks questions all the time...such as "why do they call a brick, a brick? Who decided it was going to be called a brick?" and "why"??? Nana, what if I called the mountain right their, chocolate, instead of mountain?" Well, I guess then you would say "have you ever climbed chocolate?" So went the questions... It kept me on my toes, that's for sure. When she asked if I would buy her a pair of shoes that had 5 inch heels, I put my foot down and said "NO"... you're only 9...and even if you were 19, those shoes are dangerous! Maybe I'm becoming an old fuddy-duddy grandmother, but I still think a 9 yr old should look like a little girl. That's just my humble opinion.

We had a great time though... Maddie was so good... she slept 6 hrs straight at night, which was so nice. I was a little worried that she still woke up every 2-3 hrs, and that scared me. Thank goodness, she's a trooper and slept from 9pm until 3am both nights. She is such a precious little thing... (well she's quite the chunk)... sweet natured, and as long as she's dry, and fed and burped, life is pretty happy for her. She may be a tad spoiled, but aren't all 3 month olds? And personally, I'm the nana, so I can spoil her as much as I want. :) As long as I don't spoil her rotten... but spoiling her with love and kisses and hugs and squeezes, and rocking and lullubying, I'm pouring it on.

I've posted some really cute pictures for you all to enjoy.

Gotta get some rest tonight.

Until...

No comments:

Post a Comment