Monday, July 4, 2011

Chocolate Flan Cake















It's been 3 weeks today since I injured my back, and last night I found myself in the mood to DO something. I am becoming just a little stir-crazy. So, I decided to bake. I realize I probably shouldn't have, since my baking stuff is in the lower cabinets, which required me to bend over; and the oven, of course is at a level where bending was necessary also. I was very careful. I prayed, and I used my knees to squat instead of my back to bend. The result was a yummy, delicious and beautifully done cake. It was a new recipe, yet it turned out just lovely. Not only did it taste good, but it looked great. Needless to say, I was very proud of myself. I took a little more pain meds before bed than usual, but other than that, all is well. I thought I'd share a picture of my adventure and also the recipe. Please feel free to try it yourself. The recipe is posted at the "Family Recipe" section of my blog. Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment