Saturday, April 14, 2012

Playing Catch Up

As you can see, it has been a very long time since I have done any blogging! Life has become very busy over the last 6 months; however, I am making a commitment to blog about something every week from now on just so I don't get bogged down with needing to remember so much. This particular blog is primarily for my family updates and going-on's. I do have another blog that I use solely for practicing my writing on a daily basis. I've been told that "practice makes perfect" and if I ever intend to finish my book, I need more practice. So, if you are interested in following that blog, it can be found at ptorresthinks.wordpress.com. Believe me, it's nothing fancy, but it gives me a place to play with "writing" which I simply love doing.

As for now, I'd like to let you know how hearth and home life is coming along. As many of you know I injured my back last Summer (June) and was on Short Term Disability for over 5 months. My days consisted of pain pills and physical therapy, interspersed with epidural injections. It was a long and difficult period, but I'm happy to say, I am doing really good right now. I started back to work in November to find many changes had taken place. The good news in that, is I still had a job with the company! Praise the Lord. Procedures had changed and new systems were being put into place; training for all of this was in process, and I had to catch up or get left in the dust. I hit the ground running, and by God's grace, it has been a good transition. I've been with my company for almost 14 years, and I'm so grateful at this time, to even have a job when so many do not. Even when I don't "feel" like getting out of bed at 5:45AM, I just remember that so many out their would love to have a good job like I have, and I remember just how much I have to be thankful for. No matter how tired I get, the Lord (and my vitamin B12) give me the strength I need to make it through.

I am happy to announce that I made the Deans List this Semester at Grand Canyon University. Yes, I was very proud of myself. Even at 52 years old, this old brain is still able to make good grades. My graduation date is sometime around August of 2013. I realize that sounds like a long ways off still, but when you're only taking one class at a time (7-8 weeks each), it doesn't go by very fast. Trust me, I'm excited. Its so much closer than it was a year ago! :)

Zachary and Marcy are doing wonderful. They both have good jobs, and are renting a cute house with a big backyard. They just transitioned to becoming a "mini-van" family. They are the proud owners of a nice looking Chrysler T&C. Madison is 15 months now, and just as spunky and darling as ever. She walks; waves; blows kisses; knocks on her brother and sister's bedroom doors when they shut her out, and is smart as a whip. She brings such a happy ray of sunshine everywhere she goes. Tana and Hunter are almost done with school this year. 6 more weeks, then Summertime! Tana will be in 6th grade and Hunter 8th grade in the Fall. Tana loves school and wants to become a Marine Biologist when she grows up. Hunter enjoys school also, but hasn't decided what he wants to do when he grows up yet. Right now, he loves computer games. They are both smart and very sweet kids. I'm proud to claim them as my "grandchildren".

Zoe and Jason have been adding on; not only to their home, but to their family. They expanded their house by one room and expanded their children by one. Yes, we have a new addition! Miss Hannah Lina Burtamekh was born on 3/22/2012. She weighed in at 7 lbs 12 ozs and 19 inches long at 1:03pm. She is just perfect. Having three children is taking some getting use to. Right now mom and dad are sleep-deprived and are just trying to find the balance of running a household of 5. Yuri (4 yrs) will be starting school in the Fall. Sophia (2 yrs) is spunky and full of mercurial changes. One moment sweet and quietly content playing on her own; the next minute pulling her brothers hair and running around like a little monkey. She's my little Tinkerbell, and she's trying to learn her new position transitioning from "baby" to "middle child". I'm a middle child, so I can truly sympathize with her. Hannah (3 weeks) is still waking up every 2 hrs, which is a killer. The noise her siblings can create, doesn't seem to bother her in the least. She's listened to them for 9 months already, so she's use to it. Zoe is recovering nicely from her C-section, and looks just beautiful. Motherhood looks good on her. She is anxious to be in full swing and be able to get outside in this beautiful Spring weather and take walks and run around with the kids. Until then, she is trying to get settled in and always working on the house to get it "finished". Jason works hard everyday, and on the weekends works on the house. Taking care of the yard, the remodeling, the vehicles, and just the day to day things that come up, is the joys of "family". It was nice that he was able to take off for a few weeks after Zoe had Hannah.

Families from church brought over food and gifts, which has been such a blessing for them. Its the little things that make life a little easier.

God has been so good to me and my little family. None of us have fame or fortune, but we have love for each other, and grace to help each other through. We have laughter and the Lord to lean on in good times and bad times. We are a circle; and whatever one member may be going through, we all do our part to help; whether it be in word or deed. We are present and available. A day doesn't go by that I don't call out each of their names to my Heavenly Father, and ask Him to watch over and guide them throughout their day, and to protect and provide for their lives and their needs.

We take one day and one moment at a time; we try not to worry about tomorrow, but live today to the fullest. If our burdens are heavy, we call on the Lord and each other to help lessen the load. I am so blessed. I tried to teach my children to be content with what they have, and make the best of every situation. To trust in the Lord with all of their hearts, and not to lean on their own understanding; and in all of their ways, to acknowledge the Lord and He would direct their life.

This place... here on Earth is wonderful, and I enjoy it to the best that I can; however, I've always let my children know that this is not all their is. I have another home, that is so much better than this...It's my heavenly/eternal home. It won't deteriorate, wither, fade, or decay...it is built with material that will last forever. There is no pollution, dust, mold, mildew or sickness their. I feel like I've been their before; but I just can't remember. Kind of like dejavu. Memories of it flit through my head every now and then, but I can't seem to grab a hold of it. But one day it won't be a memory or a thought, but it will be a reality. I remind my children and grandchildren and son and daughter in law, that is the day you don't want to miss. The most important day of your life.

So that's the update on the Torres/Burtamekh family... I've attached a few pictures. Hope you enjoy!

Just me....

No comments:

Post a Comment