Tuesday, March 4, 2014

It's Been A While

Tonight is the first time since August 2013 that I have sat down and decided to pick up pen and paper (so to speak) and start writing again.  I am feeling a bit nervous; simply because without practice, its easy to get rusty.  I lead a pretty uneventful life.  (I'm not complaining; it just is what it is)...

As of September, I was placed on long term disability because of a recurring incident with my back and knee.  I am still on disability as of today.  I had no idea it would ever last this long, but it has, and I must continually trust in the Lord and not stress out over it.  Some days its easier to apply that advice than others.
Christmas was at my house last year.  It was really crowded in my small apartment, but lots and lots of fun.  The following week, I moved from the place I had been for 10 years, into a brand new mobile home.  Rent is less expensive, and that was the sole reason for the move.  I was sick with flu/cold/bronchitis, etc... for the first 6 weeks after moving.  It is the first time I didn't have everything out of boxes and pictures all hung within a few days after moving in.  Trying to get use to the new place has not been easy.  Its growing on me each day.  I miss the community I was in.  There were many families with young children; lots of noise and barbecues, and people from so many different nationalities and walks of life.  I just loved the closeness.  But...change is good, and I'm slowly but surely getting to know my neighbors and getting out more.

My grandchildren are growing.  Yuri turned 6 in October; Sophia turned 4 in December and Madison turned 3.  Hannah will be turning 2 on March 22nd.  We also just added one more member to the family on Feb 28th.  Marley May Torres was delivered by cesarean birth and weighed in at 7 lbs 1 oz, and 20 inches long.  She is just simply beautiful; and seems to have such a quiet, contented way about her.  I can't wait to get to know her better with each passing month.

I graduated from GCU in August of last year.  That was a huge milestone for me, and one that makes me smile every time I think about it.  I haven't been able to afford to purchase my diploma yet, which is kind of crazy that you have to actually BUY your diploma after spending thousands of dollars for school!  Oh well, I do intend to get it soon.  I already have the picture from for it.

God has truly been my friend, comforter, provider, healer, counselor and savior each and every day of my life.  Without Him, I'm nothing.  With Him, I can do all things.  I am currently on a devotional study of David.  It has been an inspiring journey to say the least.

A visiting minister spoke at our church a few Sunday's back.  The entire sermon was simply amazing; however, this one tidbit touched me so much:  Don't worry about things that haven't even happened yet, but just ask God to prepare you for what's coming.  More than anything, I want my heart to be right and ready for whatever the Lord has planned.  He's coming soon, and that is an appointment I do not want to miss.

Enjoying the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment