**This is just a little writing practice for a short story I'm working on***
The early morning light silently removed the darkness from the room.  I have been watching this happen for the last 15 minutes or so with my eyes closed.  You would be surprised how much you can see with your eyes closed.  Eyelids are thin, and the light and shadows can be seen through the transparent skin.  Anyway, that moment before my alarm clock goes off, and the minute before the day takes its first breath and starts to change, is my favorite part of the morning.  Lying in bed with my 300 count blue sheets and a white down comforter wrapped around me, and my head resting on the perfect pillow, I secretly wish I could stay in bed for the rest of the day.

Rolling to my side, I see that my alarm is going to go off in exactly 2 minutes.  Smiling, I know that two minutes is better than nothing, and I try to empty my mind of everything and totally relax.  Impossible of course!  My mind is already on one thing:  Coffee.  Now I turn towards the clock again and see that I still have 30 glorious seconds.  I feel myself getting anxious, and my mind is already humming with the list of things that I have to get done today.  15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10...I watch the countdown on the clock and become very still; trying to savor the last bits of calm until my head crashes onto my pillow again ...5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

"Good morning and happy Tuesday to all of you out there in the beautiful Valley of the Sun.  It's going to be a gorgeous Fall day, with a high of only 75 degrees; crystal clear skies and a light breeze.  Grab your hoodies today; you're going to need them.  The traffic report is coming up in two minutes.  This is Quinn Donovan reporting."

Taking a deep breath, I swatted the off button.  My feet touch the ground, and I close my eyes as I sit on the side of my bed, and say "thank you Lord for protecting me and keeping me safe throughout the night."  I ask Him to watch over my children and grandchildren, and then under my breath I ask Him nicely to please don't let me lose my job today!  After a hasty "amen", I jump up and head straight for the coffee grinder.