Saturday, March 25, 2017

Pondering My Friday Night

Last night as I was sitting up in bed listening to my favorite tunes and playing a game of Hill Climb Racing , I was pondering something.  How is it that a Hippie Van can climb higher hills and bounce over rugged terrain and make it further than a Jeep?  Also, why do I think if I press harder on my Kindle screen, it will help the car go up the impossibly steep incline any easier?  And the biggest question I ponder is why do I say "I'm so sorry" out loud when the vehicle crashes and flips upside down?

While David Phelps was belting out "Victory In Jesus" through my headphones, I was experiencing level 7 using a scooter bike trying to drive across the Arctic terrain.  I couldn't help but notice that the poor guy driving the scooter had no coat, scarf or beanie.  He must be freezing!  Then again, why would anyone drive a scooter across the frozen Arctic terrain?  By the way, David Phelps new CD called Hymnal is really good.  That guy has a voice on him.  If you've ever had the pleasure of hearing him live, than you know what I'm talking about.

As you can see, I stayed up way too late last night listening to great songs and pondering the "why's and what-not's" of who designs these games.  I can't wait to get enough points so I can move to the roller coaster.  Now that looks amazing.  I'm a coaster lover.  That goes for both roller coasters and the coast...any coast.  North, South, East or West.  I have favorite beaches on any coast.  Back to the game...once I get the roller coaster, I can pick my mode of transportation/vehicle.  The scooter would be terrifying.  The motor home would be way too clunky.  The Mustang might be good or the motorcycle could be interesting.

Many of you right now are probably thinking I need more of a life!  You might be right, but I'm actually very content right now.  I don't smoke, drink or party hardy, so the more simple things in life make me pretty happy.  After a long work week, I enjoy picking up something for dinner that's different from the rest of the week.  Maybe Pei Wei's or Chipotle's.  I might stop at the store and get a container of Tillamook Sumptown Cold Brew Coffee ice cream.  When I get home, I'll set up my laptop and put my headphones on and listen to music while working on one of my stories, or play a couple online games when my brain cannot figure out what to write for the next chapter.  I also love having my drawing paper and colored pencils close by.  I'm always doodling.  Most of the time it turns out to be nothing but a mixture of different shades of colors and maybe a tree in the middle.  I like adding quotes from different people right in the middle of the object I've drawn.  Sometimes its lyrics from a song I'm listening to, other times its a scripture verse that keeps going over and over in my mind.  In the end, I've filled my heart with something positive and creative.  Yes, I may be a little frustrated with the police car that consistently runs out of gas too soon or the people in the back of the hippie van that don't seem to be wearing seat belts, but other than that, when I close the laptop, turn off the music, put the drawing stuff away and reach over to turn off my light, I take a moment to thank the Lord for the day I've had.  I let Him know how grateful I am for life, breath, health, home and family.  I remind Him every night that without Him, I'm nothing and with Him, I can do all things.  He's my protector, my provider and my person.  I can tell Him everything.  The good and the bad, the hopes and the fears.  When I lay my head on my pillow I know two things for certain.  He is perfect and He loves me even though I'm not.

So pondering the why's and how-comes of an online game is just for a few minutes.  It's fun, but it's not everything.  It's an hour or two where my mind can slip away from the daily grind.  The positive and encouraging music I listen to calms my soul.  And my Heavenly Father that I communicate with before I fall asleep...is everything to me.

Just thinking out-loud...

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment