Monday, May 22, 2017

Feeling Better - But Not Great

As some of you know, I've spent the last couple weeks battling bronchitis and all of the junk that goes with it.  It seems that if you've ever had one bad bout of pneumonia in your life, you will forever be plagued with the susceptibility of catching bronchial issues anytime a cold, cough or runny nose crosses your path.  Not fun; however, the actual having pneumonia part was much worse, so thanking the Lord that I haven't had to actually have that part of it since the 80's.  It was a horrific nightmare of sickness that I hope to never go through again.

The good news is, I'm feeling better.  The prayers and antibiotics seem to be doing their job.  The coughing has subsided from "every time I talk" to the "occasional moment when I try to talk too much."  My job requires that I talk a lot, so I am hoping and praying that my customers will be able to understand me when I walk them through why their premium doubled this year.  That conversation can be challenging enough when you have a strong and clear voice.

The antibiotics and meds that I have been on for almost a week are playing havoc with my body in other ways that I won't mention.  Today is my last dosage...Thank you Lord.  Doc said once the antibiotics are out of my system, my other issues should clear up.  Yeah!

The plan was to return to work today.  That didn't happen.  After talking on the phone with my Dr's nurse and my HR Case worker, we now have a return date of Wednesday.  The good news in all of this, is that being off work and spending a great deal of time in bed or the couch, has allowed me to work on my story writing.  It seems as though the "writers block" has been lifted!  Hallelujah.  I've written two more chapters in Sophia's Story and added some chapters to another story I've been working on for about a year.  It's about a spunky young woman I call Clare Donovan.  I cannot tell you how excited I am that the juices are flowing again.  Maybe this will be the year that I complete my books and get them published!

While off, I have also been having time to surf my travel websites in hopes of planning a trip for the not-too-distant future.  I use to travel a lot.  I loved the planning and the going.  Sadly, I haven't gone anywhere for the last last couple years.  Florida in 2015 was the last time my feet touched the white sandy beaches.  Very sad!  Well, Lord willing, I'm hoping that will change this year.  I really need a get-away.  Nothing far or fancy (at least this time), but somewhere that allows me to hear the ocean; feel the sand and sea and swing in a hammock!

Here's to a future of good health; fun road-trips with the windows down and great music.  A girl can dream, right?

Just thinking out-loud.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment